-* ILCAD 2016 new video: Do not overestimate your abilities around railway tracks, is also available in French and Spanish
Video 2016 in French: https://youtu.be/p4WYnM3eGqU
Video 2016 in Spanish: https://youtu.be/klkU3ip0hMY
Video for ILCAD 2015 : Take your time, don’t risk your life! also available in French and Spanish, see links hereunder
- Video 2015 in English: “Take your time, don’t risk your life!” https://vimeo.com/128238887; https://youtu.be/yXTR-C7Zp-I
- Video 2015 in French: « Prenez votre temps, ne risquez pas votre vie ! » https://vimeo.com/128238885; https://youtu.be/Fuju-Wd7mwQ
- Video 2015 in Spanish: “¡Tómate tu tiempo, no te juegues la vida!”: https://vimeo.com/128238886; https://youtu.be/SWwAT8ZNLDM
Summary of the film:
Almost all collisions at level crossings are du to users’ behavior (road users, pedestrians and cyclists) because of a non-respect of the highway code, distraction, habit, complacency, ignorance of existing risks, stress of not reaching school, work or an appointment in due time. These behaviors may lead to level crossing users’ unsafe decisions simply causing their death or heavy injuries. They also may put other persons at danger in their own vehicle or on trains (railway staff and passengers). Pedestrians crossing tracks walking underneath or climbing above barriers to save minutes, or cyclists zigzaging between two semi barriers, wait sometimes for a fist train passing but don’t pay attention to a second train coming from the opposite direction and get hit. In order to better aware pedestrians and cyclists who become offenders or who are unconscious of the high risks they may take, UIC produced a new video of one minute and posters. These posters address pedestrians and cyclists in particular but also all other users distracted by new technologies (phones, headphones, GPS..) or simply stressed by modern life. Those persons do simply not respect the highway code and take huge risks by crossing tracks when the light is on, barriers are down announcing the arrival of a train … Slogan : Take your time, don’t risk your life!
- ILCAD 2014 video "Saving Lives at Level Crossings" (co-produced by UIC/UNECE/BAV) There are millions of near misses and more than 6000 deaths estimated on level crossings around the world every year. But because the numbers are relatively low compared to accidents on the roads, not enough priority is given by policy makers to improving safety. The International Union of Railways, road sector organisations, European Institutions and the UN are committed to raising awareness about the risks, improving technology and changing behaviour.
- ILCAD 2012 Video available in 5 versions on YOUTUBE, DAILYMOTION and VIMEO in English (with 4 children), English (1 child), French, Spanish and Serbian together with posters.
- In 2010 to support the ILCAD campaign, the European Commission (DG MOVE) totally financed a video clip aimed at the public, particularly the road users and pedestrians in any country in Europe and all over the world. It is available free of charge to all ILCAD partners (rights have been covered by the EC until 2015 for internet use worldwide and in public areas only in EU countries). This can be adapted by any partner in her/his own language by integrating the official motto in her/his own language (upon request).
- In 2011 thanks to Operation Lifesaver Estonia’s support a video montage has been made out of ILCAD partners’ CCTV films:
Educational videos and Safety Tips for professional drivers (farmers, truck and bus drivers:
Belgium: INFRABEL safety campaign in the Port of Antwerp: More respect for level crossings in the port of Antwerp. The Port of Antwerp includes over 1,100 km of railway tracks and 201 level crossings. That means you will meet a level crossing every few minutes.
UK: Train crash: A Farmworkers Story: http://youtu.be/VnUklPRorsQ
Canadian Operation lifesaver video: Farm crossing collisions can be prevented (English version).
Canadian Operation lifesaver video: Les collisions aux passages à niveau près des fermes peuvent être évitées (version française): http://youtu.be/cmaC2VFJzHU
Canadian Operation lifesaver video on a collision with a school bus (this was a crash test): *
Canadian Operation lifesaver TIPS for professional drivers:
Operation Lifesaver inc USA, educational video for truck drivers:
Operation Lifesaver inc USA, educational video for school bus drivers:
Operation Lifesaver inc USA, educational video for truck drivers: Your License or Your Life
Operation Lifesaver inc USA, e-learning for truck drivers:
- Safety tips in the USA: how to avoid being hit by a train published by "Defensive driving" *-*
What should not happen!
Examples of collisions, near misses with professional vehicles, videos made with CCTV cameras or filmed by outsiders
video of a collision with a train transporting military material and a semi trailer stuck on a level crossing in the US.
Near miss in the UK: http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry... “The video was played to Truro Crown Court where Borman went on trial accused of dangerous driving. After considering the evidence, including testimony that the signage at the crossing was poor, the jury found him guilty of careless driving instead.”
Near miss with a truck in the Czech Republic:
Near miss with a truck in the USA:
Near miss in the UK with a bus
Near miss in Switzerland: http://www.blick.ch/news/schweiz/os...
- Video of level crossings accidents in France:
- video of level crossing safety in Belgium (INFRABEL campaign 25.09.2013) http://www.deredactie.be/permalink/...
- Educational video on level crossing safety in Belgium (INFRABEL)
- Network rail video published on 8 October 2012, at the occasion of the Global Level Crossing and Trespass Symposium in London http://news.sky.com/story/994603/le...
- Network rail CCTV films
- Crash simulation by the Slovak railways on ILCAD day on 7 May 2013
- ÖBB crash simulation video made for ILCAD 2013 broadcast on tv:
- ÖBB film for ILCAD 2012: A car against a train: http://www.oebb.at/infrastruktur/de...
- Metro Trains Melbourne, Australia 2012: 32 millions visits already on youtube, new approach to rail safety advertising by Melbourne Metro! worth a look and listen ..
- Queenland’s rail video made for ILCAD 2012 launched the ILCAD campaign in June 2012.
- Australian rail safety advert:
- Video made by PRORAIL for youngsters in the Netherlands with a famous dutch rap singer: wil je blijven leven, wacht dan even’ met Mr. Polska
- Video made with CCTV images by PRORAIL in the Netherlands: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWqXtmw7Odo&feature=share
Une femme traverse un passage à niveau par Spi0n
- Video ILCAD 2012 made by CFL Luxembourg based on CCTV films showing bad behaviours
- Video of ILCAD 2011 press conference:
- Video of one of the 23 crash tests organised througout Poland during ILCAD 2011/
- Operation Lifesaver Estonia’s video Christmas campaign 2010 and 2011 used by different ILCAD partners OL Estonia video 2013:
- Australian video to launch the TrackSafe Foundation:
- New Zealand Video:
- New education video of PKP PLK for ILCAD 2012
- Poland video made for ILCAD 2010:
- Poland: Crash test for ILCAD 2011: https://www.facebook.com/ajax/flash...
- Poland: Pedestrian safety video 2013
- Network Rail UK video:
- Serbian video made for ILCAD 2011:
- Latvian Railways video:
- Latvian Railways video:
- Canadian video:
- Transportation Safety Board of Canada
- Operation Lifesaver inc. U.S.A.:
- Near miss in the Czech republic:
-* Israel Railways video:
 Act Safely At Level Crossings. You are expected home for Christmas.