New Video for ILCAD 2014 : "Saving Lives at Level Crossings – A price too high to pay"
Watch the video
Summary of the film: There are millions of near misses and thousands deaths estimated on level crossings around the world every year. But because the numbers are relatively low compared to accidents on the roads, not enough priority is given by policy makers to improving safety.
The International Union of Railways (UIC), road sector organisations, European Institutions and the UN-ECE are committed to raising awareness about the risks, improving technology and changing behavior. This film has been co-financed by UNECE, the Federal Office of Transport of the Swiss Confederation (FOT) and the International Union of Railways (UIC). This film is a documentary aimed at making the public and decision makers aware of the dangers at level crossings to better tackle this particular safety issue and risky interface to decrease the number of accidents and casualties around the world.
Educational videos and Safety Tips for professional drivers (farmers, truck and bus drivers:
Belgium: INFRABEL safety campaign in the Port of Antwerp: More respect for level crossings in the port of Antwerp. The Port of Antwerp includes over 1,100 km of railway tracks and 201 level crossings. That means you will meet a level crossing every few minutes.
UK: Train crash: A Farmworkers Story: http://youtu.be/VnUklPRorsQ
Canadian Operation lifesaver video: Farm crossing collisions can be prevented (English version).
Canadian Operation lifesaver video: Les collisions aux passages à niveau près des fermes peuvent être évitées (version française): http://youtu.be/cmaC2VFJzHU
Canadian Operation lifesaver video on a collision with a school bus (this was a crash test): *
Canadian Operation lifesaver TIPS for professional drivers:
Operation Lifesaver inc USA, educational video for truck drivers:
Operation Lifesaver inc USA, educational video for school bus drivers:
Operation Lifesaver inc USA, educational video for truck drivers: Your License or Your Life
Operation Lifesaver inc USA, e-learning for truck drivers:
- Safety tips in the USA: how to avoid being hit by a train published by "Defensive driving" *-*
What should not happen!
Examples of collisions, near misses with professional vehicles, videos made with CCTV cameras or filmed by outsiders
video of a collision with a train transporting military material and a semi trailer stuck on a level crossing in the US.
Near miss in the UK: http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry... “The video was played to Truro Crown Court where Borman went on trial accused of dangerous driving. After considering the evidence, including testimony that the signage at the crossing was poor, the jury found him guilty of careless driving instead.”
Near miss with a truck in the Czech Republic:
Near miss with a truck in the USA:
Near miss in the UK with a bus
Near miss in Switzerland: http://www.blick.ch/news/schweiz/os...
- ILCAD 2012 Video available in 5 versions on YOUTUBE, DAILYMOTION and VIMEO in English (with 4 children), English (1 child), French, Spanish and Serbian together with posters.
- In 2010 to support the ILCAD campaign, the European Commission (DG MOVE) totally financed a video clip aimed at the public, particularly the road users and pedestrians in any country in Europe and all over the world. It is available free of charge to all ILCAD partners (rights have been covered by the EC until 2015 for internet use worldwide and in public areas only in EU countries). This can be adapted by any partner in her/his own language by integrating the official motto in her/his own language (upon request).
- In 2011 thanks to Operation Lifesaver Estonia’s support a video montage has been made out of ILCAD partners’ CCTV films:
- Video of level crossings accidents in France:
- video of level crossing safety in Belgium (INFRABEL campaign 25.09.2013) http://www.deredactie.be/permalink/...
- Educational video on level crossing safety in Belgium (INFRABEL)
- Network rail video published on 8 October 2012, at the occasion of the Global Level Crossing and Trespass Symposium in London http://news.sky.com/story/994603/le...
- Network rail CCTV films
- Crash simulation by the Slovak railways on ILCAD day on 7 May 2013
- ÖBB crash simulation video made for ILCAD 2013 broadcast on tv:
- ÖBB film for ILCAD 2012: A car against a train: http://www.oebb.at/infrastruktur/de...
- Metro Trains Melbourne, Australia 2012: 32 millions visits already on youtube, new approach to rail safety advertising by Melbourne Metro! worth a look and listen ..
- Queenland’s rail video made for ILCAD 2012 launched the ILCAD campaign in June 2012.
- Australian rail safety advert:
- Video made by PRORAIL for youngsters in the Netherlands with a famous dutch rap singer: wil je blijven leven, wacht dan even’ met Mr. Polska
- Video made with CCTV images by PRORAIL in the Netherlands: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWqXtmw7Odo&feature=share
Une femme traverse un passage à niveau par Spi0n
- Video ILCAD 2012 made by CFL Luxembourg based on CCTV films showing bad behaviours
- Video of ILCAD 2011 press conference:
- Video of one of the 23 crash tests organised througout Poland during ILCAD 2011/
- Operation Lifesaver Estonia’s video Christmas campaign 2010 and 2011 used by different ILCAD partners OL Estonia video 2013:
- Australian video to launch the TrackSafe Foundation:
- New Zealand Video:
- New education video of PKP PLK for ILCAD 2012
- Poland video made for ILCAD 2010:
- Poland: Crash test for ILCAD 2011: https://www.facebook.com/ajax/flash...
- Poland: Pedestrian safety video 2013
- Network Rail UK video:
- Serbian video made for ILCAD 2011:
- Latvian Railways video:
- Latvian Railways video:
- Canadian video:
- Transportation Safety Board of Canada
- Operation Lifesaver inc. U.S.A.:
- Near miss in the Czech republic:
-* Israel Railways video:
 Act Safely At Level Crossings. You are expected home for Christmas.