All the versions of this article: [English] [français]
Since 2009 the International Level Crossing Awareness Day (ILCAD) campaign has been spearheaded by the International Union of Railways (UIC) with the support of the railway community around the world. A growing number of road sector organizations, international institutions (UNECE, IRU…) has also been involved in raising awareness of the risks at level crossings in order to change road users’ and pedestrians’ behaviour to “Act safely at level crossings”. Each year a country partner of ILCAD hosts the international conference to officially launch the campaign worldwide. Please click here to find a summary of the International Conference on “How to improve safety at and around level crossings”, hosted by LDz and OLE on 10 June in Riga and 11 June in Tallinn. 120 participants from 14 different countries, 18 speakers from 8 different countries including Russia participated in this conference.
|ILCAD 2016 Press release in English, French, Spanish, German and Russian:|
New ILCAD 2016 video in English: "Do not overestimate your abilities around railway tracks"
also available in French, Spanish, Italian and Greek.
- Video 2016 in French: https://youtu.be/p4WYnM3eGqU
- Video 2016 in Spanish: https://youtu.be/klkU3ip0hMY
CLICK ON THE .GIF HERE
- please find a summary and presentations of the Global Level Crossing Symposium held on 12-16 June 2016 and hosted by TRAFI in Helsinki: http://www.trafi.fi/en/GLXS2016/pre...
- Save the date: 9th edition of ILCAD will take place on 2 June 2017.
- ILCAD 2015 in Turkey: over 150 participants from 13 different countries. Please find a summary or visit http://www.ilcad.org/ILCAD-2015.html